Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Doing better than the best I can.

Coming to terms with the best I can do.

I am doing better than the best I can.

Sometimes I get frustrated with myself.
Sometimes other people get frustrated with me.
Sometimes I get frustrated with other people because those other people got frustrated with me.

Because
Sometimes I can't do it all.
So, sometimes it doesn't get done.

But the fact of the matter is that

I am doing better than the best I can.

Emotionally,
Spiritually,
Physically,
With my family.
In my work,
With the chores I do,
With the pain I endure,
With the overwhelming sea that is life,

I am not just doing the best I can.

I am doing better than the best I can.

Lie not in wait as a wicked man against the dwelling of the righteous;
do no violence to his home;
for the righteous falls seven times and rises again,
but the wicked stumble in times of calamity (Prov. 24:15-16).
I keep getting back up. But not on my own.
We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away (Isaiah 64:6).
That's all I am.  On my own I can't get up seven times. I probably couldn't even get up once. Doing my best is junk. I am the wicked who just stumbles, not the guy who gets up.

But

I am doing better than the best I can.

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God (2 Cor. 5:21).
And that's the only way I get done what I get done, which is always way more than I can possibly do.

So I need to forgive myself.
I hope others can forgive me
I need to forgive the others who can't forgive me,
for not forgiving me.

Because
Sometimes I can't do it all.
So, sometimes it doesn't get done.

But

I am doing better than the best I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment