Thursday, November 7, 2019

An Angel with a Black Guitar

An Angel with a black guitar
Starts to reawake my soul
Calls back the dreams that wondered far
And maybe starts to make me whole

Is her voice a virgin Sacrifice
To still the dragons who haunt my pen?
or a narcotic that feels so nice
but leads to a darker dragon's den?

The truth is that now I simply don't care
Because in this moment I feel so clean
and so brave that I simply cannot Scare;
Not by a dragon no matter how mean

But what will I do when the Angel's song
Is no longer there to dream upon?

Will I arise astride my inky steed
And ride my pen to sate a greater need

Or will I just sit on this chair and drink
And smile as her song reminds me of “good?”
Will I smile slightly and start to think
That this is how I would be if I could?

For I know my dragons can’t be slain
Without also killing bits of me
But for now their fire brings me no pain
As they sway to beats of reverie

In this dark cave I know so well
Where my dragon torturers are
I gain a glimpse from darkest hell:
An Angel with a black guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment