Thursday, November 7, 2019

What I Want Right Now

I want to hear a sad, sad song
about how much love hurts even when it's good
I want to watch a movie
where bad guys die just like they should
I want to read a book
that makes me think magic is real
I want to just do something
where I still like what I feel.

I want to teach a class
that can make them understand
that love and hope and joy and feathers
are the safest place to land.
I want to write an article
that will clear up all this mud
and cure this affluenza
that is coursing through their blood.

I want to watch the sunset
and feel the warmth I used to feel
I want to go to Wal-Mart
and not feel the need to steal.
I want to taste my dinner
and know that it's enough
I want to stand up to my captors
and show them I am tough.

I want a glass of poison
that will kill me for a while
and wake me when the pain is gone
and pleasure is in style.
I want a gun that shoots the evil
but leaves all the good in place.
I want a spaceship with a harem
to have orgies out in space

I want a knife made out of money
So I can cut the sky
And watch it bleed out sunshine
I'll laugh and watch it die.
I want hypnotic powers
from puke-green jewel that binds
all those who see it to me
so I control their minds

I want to rule the world
I want to make the rules
I want to be in charge
I want to stop the fools
I want a the power of the bomb
and the power of the purse.
I want to make things better
But I would make them worse.

1/30/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment