Thursday, November 7, 2019

Judas, Esau and Me

Half-blinded by my darkness
Half-crippled by my fear
Half-broken by my folly
Selling all that I hold dear.

A full pot of beans right now
For that which I cannot see
To sell a simple birthright
Seemed good enough for me

Give me something that’s concrete
I can taste and touch and see
A golden cow to worship
Seemed good enough for me

Some kingdom not of this world
That you say will never end
Or thirty silver pieces,
That I know that I can spend

But now I’ve sold my birthright
Payment made, I kept my word
I’ve bowed to my Dark Master
And I crucified my Lord

I know I cannot take it back
Now I realize what I’ve done
Accused and now convicted
And my only hope is gone

Now blinded by my darkness
Now crippled by my fear
Now broken by my folly
Having sold what I hold dear.

cc Benjamin J. Cline
12/13/00

No comments:

Post a Comment