Thursday, November 7, 2019

Investing in Hot Chick Futures

I leaned against the sun-cooked brick wall and watched the girls
in shorts and tank-tops
and goose-bumps and shivers.
And sandals and sunglasses
Walking quickly from one building to another.
They say, “it is a beautiful day today.”
Compared to yesterday, they are right.

They want summer so bad.

They want to be hot.

But even though it is sunny it is not yet summer.
And their legs are still white with a winter’s entrapment.
And the breeze makes me glad for my sleeves.
The way they rub their arms lets me know that they would like sleeves too.

And I know that the girls are not hot,
But they will be in a week or two,
So I watch them in anticipation.

Goose-bumps will be replaced with salty drops of sweat
And their plain vanilla legs will become a rich tasty caramel..
They will be more comfortable in their skin,
so their heads will not dart side to side wondering if someone notices their
nakedness.
They will be just as naked, but they will be far less ashamed.
They will have no reason to feel ashamed
There is no shame in wearing very little
when you are hot

No comments:

Post a Comment