Thursday, November 7, 2019

Feeling a True High

Alive in my weakness,
And drinking spiritual fire.
The pain for a moment:
Then my mind flying higher.

When a lot cast in doubt
Could not answer my query
And the demonic chains
Rose up sky-bound to snare me.

Then smoke, caught in whiplash
Was the steam of my hoping.
And an extinguished fire
Was no method of coping.

I fell into Hades
As I fell into sin.
And Lucifer bound me
And then he kicked me again.

I looked for a window.
But my eyes were shut tight.
And fearing the darkness,
I retreated from light.

To keep me from drowning
I traveled in sinking ships
While dancing with Hectate
On the river Styx

Confusion was spinning
My toilet bowel of a life
A sad song of discord
In the key of strife.

I looked to the darkness
I believed all the lies.
A kick to the stomach
Made me open my eyes.

I looked and I saw that
All the darkness was unreal
And it was by my choice
That there was pain I could feel.

But I knew I was weak
And susceptible to
The blackness that took me
And denied what is true.

Alive in this weakness,
I drank spiritual fire.
There’s pain for a moment
Then I flew much higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment